Saturday, January 12, 2013

Keeping My Brain On Track

I did it! I managed to figure out a schedule of what I would like to accomplish on a daily basis. I created two calendars - I can't figure out how to post the pictures of these calendars from my new macbook, so they will have to be added later - to organize my brain a tiny bit.

One calendar, a generic month at a glance type layout has 1-3 tasks on each day. Some of these tasks are the standard issue "clean the toilets", "Water the plants"and "change the sheets" kind of things. Other chores include weekly menu planning, activities for the kids and scheduling sewing tasks for the week. And, finally, there are set days to do specific organizing jobs that need to be tackles (like the list of to-dos I wrote about last week). I have high hopes of glancing at my calendar each day and making time to check off each item!

The other calendar is a weekly planner that has each hour from 5am ( I will schedule nothing but laying in bed, hopefully sleeping peacefully, each and every day) to 10pm. On this planner I have time scheduled for tech time - a half an hour for each of us. The kids can use the iPad or iPhone to play around or I can Facebook, pin on Pinterest or cruise through Etsy. I've scheduled in outside time for us twice a day too. Although the boys and I almost always make it outside at least once a day in the nice weather I'm finding it really hard to find the motivation  to bundle three littles and myself to play for 15 minutes before someone is facedown in the snow crying or has to pee. I'm hoping this planner helps to keep in mind how important sunshine and fresh air is at this time of year. I've also scheduled in themed crafting time - from alphabet and number activities, to science and geography fun - on each day. Mind you I haven't taken the time to actually decide WHAT activities to do ahead of time, but that will come... I hope.

This week I also managed to tidy up my desk area (again, pictures to come). It's so cathartic tidying up a space. I hate the anxiety I experience just thinking about tackling a job but, once it's done, boy does it ever feel great to stand back and look at the tidy space!

So this week I would like to get a menu plan at least started. I struggle with menu planning because what I feel like eating today for next thursday is totally different from what I actually want to eat next thursday. So my plan of attack is this: do a very generic plan. Meatless monday, ethnic tuesday, red meat wednesday, slow cooker thursday, pizza friday etc. The details I hope to sort out this week! I will report back, hopefully with pride and excitement!

1 comment: