Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Who's Hungry?

   It's that time of day again! Why oh why do I not just figure out what to eat for supper the night before or even that morning?! Would it not be easier to prep what needs prepping and then just throw it all together when I need it? Apparently not. Every day at the same time (usually right about now, 3pm) it dawns on me that I have to figure out what we are going to eat... Worse yet, what I am going to make! The freezer is usually full of meat of some sort and there's pasta in there too, but I've yet to get into the the groove of making and freezing meals to have on hand. I've thought about it a lot but have yet to find the list and ambition to make it all happen. I've been stalking Once A Month Mom and I'm getting closer to getting organized...

   My oldest is very keen to help, and I love his help. He is very hip to the cooking lingo since he LOVES cooking shows and prefers watching them to any children's shows. He makes it fun. I look forward to it in fact. That being said, however, he lacks in the ideas department for dinners and that's the part I hate about getting dinner ready at night. I like to make most meals from scratch (or close to it) because it just costs less and is better for us. I enjoy the act of cooking. My creativity is lackin-in-the-crackin and it's frustrating!

   Thankfully none of us are picky - hubby dislikes peas and DS1 isn't keen on mushrooms - so theoretically the possibilities are endless, right? Well endless in the sense that we can eat whatever we have in the house. What will it be tonight? I made some cabbage soup and cornbread today for lunch... Leftovers? Pasta? Hot sandwiches? Steak? Fish? Salads? Gift Certificates!! We have gift certificates for one of our favorite family-run restaurants in town - The Cove - and I've just remembered that we have a free meal that I think we'll take advantage of! Yay!

Wow! Who knew blogging was going to be a problem-solving tool? I'm glad I decided to rant about my dinnertime woes. Happy supper-making!

2 comments:

  1. I like the font - much easier to read - although hard to see the date. Love the color/colour! I'm usually the same for dinner except scrambling at the very last minute (5pm) and the kids snack on crackers while I try to figure out something healthy. The four of us rarely eat the same thing - I don't eat red meat, hubby doesn't eat veggies, and girls are picky! I think the only thing we all like is pizza but that's only for Friday nights - what do I make in between?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out the once a month mom link above! I'm going to try to do it!

      Delete